My crappy new washing machine

Infusor

Does the fabric softener go in the agitator cap? I've had washing machines that have similar "dispensers". Basically, the "centrifugal force" throws (some of) it out during the spin cycle. Of course, the rinse water doesn't flow through the cap so it's left a sticky mess, but it's a cheap solution.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

Never used softener, never plan to. Don't like the thought of infusing my undies and socks and such with chemical residue, even if I didn't suffer from allergies so bad that I have to hunt down Cheer Free or similar to wash my clothes in. When I lived in the 1st apartment here in town, and had to share a laundry room, if the person before me left a dryer sheet in the dryer and I didn't notice, I had to rewash the clothes.

I don't want my clothes to smell 'fresh' or 'springtime'. I don't want them to smell like anything. I figured out that with soft water, you can use like 1/3 as much soap as they recommend on the jug, and it all actually rinses out, and the fabric does not feel stiff or irritate the skin. I think a lot of people think they need softener because their clothes are still full of dried soap. And yes, they do get clean. Past a certain threshold point, adding more soap does not help.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

BS. we've been using the regular stuff in ours since day one. It works just fine. HE soap is a scam.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Infusor

quoted text -

I'm a wondering how the front loaders could have "long-term reliability records" when they haven't been out a long time. LMAO!!

Steve Barker

Yes,

  1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
  2. Don=92t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
  3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they=92re not a native to their environment
Reply to
Molly Brown

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also

50% more costly.
Reply to
RickH

How do you do pre-soaking of a large load. Does water cover all the clothes. The GE one only puts a 2 inch puddle on the bottom.

Reply to
RickH

Steve Barker wrote: ...

Only uncommon in US markets; they've been around for quite a long time elsewhere (like 50 years, anyway that I'm aware of...)

There was even a "mini-bubble" of attempted to make them popular in the US in the 60/70s...(19's, not 18's :) ).

--

Reply to
dpb

They've always been popular in laundromats. I recall seeing them quite often ever since the 50s. In fact, it's only in the last 10-20 yrs I've seen top-loaders dominate in laundromats.

nb

Reply to
notbob

=3D=3D You must have your settings all screwed up or your controls are faulty. Better READ the user's manual...you must have done something wrong. No manufacturer could be so inept as to make a machine with the characteristics you describe.

If this doesn't help ask your dealer to come by and personally check out the situation.

I wouldn't put up with a crappy machine for one minute. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Molly Brown wrote in news:350c987d-af3d-4397- snipped-for-privacy@h37g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Well if he had a crappy CFL above the crappy washer then he wouldn't see the crappy job it's doing and know how bad he got crapped on.

Reply to
Red Green

I know what you mean, my old Amana had one of those, it plugged up often, but this one has nothing at all.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

"Molly Brown" wrote

While I don't disagree with the number, I do disagree on how to achieve it. Government should not be in people's bedrooms.

Trees are renewable. Forests should be managed as a crop, just like a vegetable garden. Plant what you reap like the paper industry finally learned to do. Yes, some old growth should be left alone.

Nature is way out of balance on some animals. What is hunted should be for food, not for the "fun" of killing. We've eliminated many natural predators over the last couple of centuries. Education and management is what is needed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes,

  1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
  2. Don?t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
  3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they?re not a native to their environment

===========

Very interesting. Now, what makes other people's environmental concerns less valid than yours? Focus specifically on washing machines and CFL bulbs.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Please provide an example (using this "two kids per couple" issue) of how government might be "in people's bedrooms".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Infusor

It's true according to them, whoever they are. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Completely unnecessary. The birth rate is already lower than that in many developed countries.

Oh, *there's* a good idea: use non-renewable resources in preference to renewable ones. So *very* environmentally friendly.

Another wonderful idea. So we shouldn't hunt whitetail deer here in the Midwest, where their population is out of control? And nobody should be allowed to hunt mountain lions in the Southwest, where they stalk *humans*?

Obviously you haven't thought *any* of these ideas through.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yeah. The last I heard, if it weren't for the illegals, we'd be losing ground.

nb

Reply to
notbob

So it's up to the buyer to use the right tool for the job, those SOBs at GE

Reply to
gnu / linux

For anyone following this thread it never hurts to check into government rebates like sales tax refunds or income tax refunds for buying efficient stuff like appliances. Just make sure the retailers don't jack up the prices during the rebate period like they sometimes will for a/c's or furnaces.

Reply to
The Henchman