My crappy new washing machine

So confront the poster directly! Not through some secondary thread. If he is wrong, stupid or has three lips -- tell him. Get my drift?

It's not the first time you took this approach.

Sorry.

Reply to
Oren

I like getting my laundry done on Sunday, and it's low cost electricity on the weekends, to boot. I'm not seeking a solution to the washer cycle time, I picked up a washer that does the job in a half hour or so, I'm happy for the time being. I know to check out this issue if I decide to switch.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

SWMBO does the laundry on Saturday while doing other things. Sunday is usually spent elsewhere, though sometimes we switch days. A used washer is often the best solution. We had one die a year before we were planning to move so we bought a $100 set and left it for the new owners and bought new after.

Before you buy new, check reliability reports. The front-loaders have been the pits; bearing problems.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

This was my reply from GE customer care. I do appreciate that they are looking into it, and so is Lowe's, but the first response from GE said that Lowe's specs were off and that they didn't believe that model came with a dispenser. I emailed the site, their (GE site where the specs are for this model) and received this response. It makes no sense at all to me. What does it mean?

"Hi, Ms.________ Yes, I see that it is listed as coming with a fabric softener dispenser on our site as well. The only trouble will be finding a model that is the same as this one but that truly does have a fabric softener dispenser so that we can send you the one that comes on that model. There are different part numbers for fabric softener dispensers, depending upon the model that they fit. The key will be to find a washer that uses the same agitator as your model but that has the dispenser rather than the agitator cap. If we can find that, then we'll know which dispenser to send you. Hopefully Research will be back to me within a day or so with the appropriate part number. But I'll let you know."

Reply to
Cheri

Infusor

Sounds like GE has their own people all confused, probably because they make the same machine for different retailers, but with different model numbers. Makes it harder to compare prices. This is an old shell game which I believe began back in the 1980s with audio manufacturers like Technics.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

FWIW, I don't think "nutbob" is a "leftist nutjob". He's just a nutjob, period.

Reply to
Doug Miller

LMAO! Kanter finally admits that he's one of the clueless ones.

Of course I've known that for years.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Infusor

I don't know what it means. They may have changed model parts in mid-production. Example. A 1965 Ford Mustang my bride once had was "technically" a '65. On paper it was a '64.5, made mid-year in 1964.

Luckily, parts were easy to get...

Washers? Who knows..

Reply to
Oren

Call it what you want. I personally like to have accurate information even if others deem it trivial . If I'm wrong, I appreciate a correction so I don't continue to propagate an untruth.

That may or may not be of interest to you. OTOH, if you wanted to visit the factory showroom, you'd really be PO'd when the plane landed and you were in Europe.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"keith" wrote

But what really matters is if you actually collect the judgment. Otherwise, just get a nice frame for it and hand it on the wall.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Nutbob is a nutjob, for sure. He sure seems to be left of sanity (or has left his sanity).

Reply to
krw

Infusor

It means you're getting the run-around. I doubt that you'll ever get an answer and if you call back you'll be put back on top of the queue. Thell them you want to speak to a manager and that you want the model you paid for, not some add-on part that you have to figure out how to install.

Reply to
krw

I don't see these types walking away from a judgment. They're not judgment proof and judges get pissed easily. It could even get fun.

Reply to
krw

Keep reading. He's started his twelve-step program.

Reply to
krw

Infusor

I will try to get at the essence. If I can sue the maker of a bad product that I bought from somebody other than the maker, could I also sue the maker of a bad component that made the product bad? And the maker of a bad subcomponent in the bad component?

Reply to
Matt

On 9/21/2010 1:18 AM, Matt wrote: (snip)

In cases of actual injuries or damages (versus the mere inconvenience and

Reply to
aemeijers

Infusor

If they can't find the right cup, I feel they owe you a new machine. The advertising clearly promised a softner dispenser.

Do you have one of those loud obnoxious "consumer advocate" guys on your local TV news?

Reply to
salty

Oh, brother!

Reply to
salty

Infusor

You are welcome to try.

Reply to
salty

Heh! You're mostly right.

In issues such as this, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I merely report. You decide.

On other issues, I firmly believe that adrenaline is good for people.

Reply to
HeyBub