My computer needs a new battery

My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me one of these. He said they work for everything.

But I cant find where to put it in the computer. Can anyone help?

Reply to
j_lasko

As a retired battery, service engineer I find those fascinating.

Just solder two wires to the terminals in your computer and put two of those dry cells in series.

Here is my laptop and the batteries that power it:

Whenever I suffer a power outage that lasts a year or two I hardly even notice.

Reply to
philo

Hmmm, Today is April 2nd.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Haven't seen one of those since the early 70s when I started working for Western Electric. We had some in our lab.

Reply to
Art Todesco

well he did say the clock on his computer won't keep the correct time and date

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

You need a psychic I heard they do such sort of interventions

Reply to
AmyNash

They were on an old electric pallet lift I tore apart in the mid seventies that was ANCIENT at the time . It had a ReDiPower generator unit replacing the battery pack - a little 4 cyl Wakeshaw gas engine running on Propane. (which went into a friend's home made ZTR lawn mower)

Reply to
clare

In the 38 years that I was in the industrial battery business I don't think I ever saw one of those generators, but I knew they existed.

However...a few years before I retired, one of my customers was trying a fuel cell instead of a battery.

Reply to
philo