Moen extensa kitchen faucet small leak

I notice some leakage from the faucet but I'm not sure if it's through the swiveling bottom part of the faucet or at the base of the escutcheon plate that has a gasket within mounted to the sink (or maybe it's both???). I also see a small drip on occasion just after I run it in the compartment below. I just replaced the cartridge. Any idea what might fix this type leak?

Reply to
Ted

What is the Moen model number?

Here are several options:

plumbplumbplumb

I had a lot of leaks from my Moen faucets until I found out about silicone grease. The main difference between your old leaky seals and new ones is a thin film of silicone grease, if you pull the old cartridge etc and slop silicone grease on it it will work better than new.

Reply to
Nick Hull