Maytag LAT8904AAE no fill but will spin and pump water

HI All I have a Maytag washer model LAT8904AAE. The timer is a little over 1 year old. I went to start a load of clothes and the machine will not fill. I try all cycles same thing it will spin and pump water in all the right places and with the extra rinse switch on does there too. When the lid is lifted spinning etc. stops. I thought it was the timer got a new timer replaced it. . I still same problems. Return timer place old timer back in. No water supply problems. No gunk in hose screens. Search web for help. Print out help lose it somewhere! I got my volt ohm meter out to check the water level switch but can no longer find the website on how to troubleshoot the water level switch as well as the water supply valves. I am not very good a reading the schematic (have the machine's from inside the console) Please any help would be welcomed. I would like ideas as to best place to get parts online too.

Thanks

Spook

Reply to
Spook

Hi,

What happens instead?....dead, agitates?

-Some- possible trouble makers...

- push buttons flush for the water temp or levels

- bad fill valve

- bad water level control

- bad fuse in the lid switch ( usually means a sticky/bad switch )

- loose/broken wire

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The machine will not agitate..The lights do light up as well as the Super Wash light in Super Wash spot on timer. The timer will not advance in the wash position. Hand advancing / Turning to spin with lid closed causes it to spin the clothes dry and timer will advance to off or extra rinse depending on cycle. With extra rinse enabled timer will advance to off as well.

( have been hand washing stuff spinning clothes in machine) All buttons push flush in all positions. Buttons in any position (hot warm cold) still will not fill, will not agitate. water level switch up down in between same no fill, no agitate.

If the machine will spin doesn't that rule out the lid switch. I.E. it stops, starts the spin cycle in any wash cycle ( super, large, small P press) all wire wiggled and checked for looseness. The lid switch fuse does not look blown. How ever have only eye balled it. I have not been home yet since my first post so I will try your links Jeff Thanks

Spook

Reply to
Spook