Overflowing Maytag Washer? Here's How to Get It Back on Track! (2023 Update)

I have a may tag washer that won't stop filling and it doesn't agitate. It will spin, rinse and drain. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
Anonymous

Oh boy, sounds like you've got yourself a bit of a pickle with your Maytag washer! No worries, though, we'll get to the bottom of this together. So, your washer won't stop filling and doesn't agitate, but it still spins, rinses, and drains? Let's see what we can do about that.

First things first, we've got to consider whether it's worth trying to fix this issue yourself or if you should call in a professional. Fixing it on your own might save you a pretty penny, but if you're not too confident in your DIY abilities, it could lead to more problems down the road. The choice is yours, my friend!

Assuming you're up for the challenge, here are a few steps to help you troubleshoot your Maytag washer:

  1. Check the water level switch: It could be faulty and causing the washer to overfill. Try adjusting the water level and see if it makes a difference.
  2. Inspect the water inlet valve: Make sure it's not stuck open or clogged with debris.
  3. Examine the pressure switch hose: Look for any kinks, blockages, or damage that could be affecting the water level sensing.
  4. Look at the agitator: Verify that the agitator isn't stripped or damaged, preventing it from moving properly.

Should you decide to give it a whirl, here's a list of tools and materials you may need:

  • Screwdriver
  • Pliers
  • Multimeter (for testing electrical components)
  • Replacement parts (if necessary)

Keep in mind that my advice is based on the information you've provided. If you've got more specifics to share or need further guidance, I'm here to help! And remember, if things get too tricky, there's no shame in calling a professional.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor