Inglis Washer Water Doesn't Stop Filling and Overflows

I'm pulling my hair out at this stage. I've taken my washer apart, a top loading Inglis maybe 12 years old. The machine simple doesn't stop filling with water and go into the agitate function. I have removed the cabinet, I jumped the wires on my lid switch, when I jump the water level switch with those 3 wires (pink,violet,tan) the washer does not go into agitation. She will agitate when I move the timer around to a certain spot so I know that agitatin is possible. This is a two speed model. I'm stumped. I even tried other water level switches but no go. Any ideas?

Reply to
email.loulou

So it will overflow if you do not attend to it? Sounds like the float switch is not doing its job.

Possible broken contacts on the mechanical timer. Consult with the local appliance parts shop guy with your description. Buying parts over the internet is convenient but comes with little or no advice.

Reply to
PipeDown

Yes exactly, she overflows. I've tried prodding the timer contacts, still nothing. On my old washer when you would set the timer on the wash cycle and bypass that water level (float switch) the machine would agitate without water. All the spin cycles work, if it was the timer contacts you'd think that by moving them around a bit I'd get at least some sort of partial contact.

Reply to
uomobijou