Maytag water dispenser ... No Water??

I have a circa 1999 Maytag refrigerator.

Today I found that the water dispenser is not working at all. (Ice/Crushed Ice are OK). When you press on the switch, you can hear some actuator inside the unit. But no water comes out. When you release the switch you hear the actuator again. So that seems normal and it sounded about the same as it always does. I did notice that sometimes when you pull the glass away from the dispenser it wouldn't shut off right away. I do not know how old the filter in the refrigerator compartment is, but I would guess about one year.

Any ideas on what might be the problem. I am stumped on this? Can the filter have this effect?

Thank you in advance.

Lucky

Reply to
LuCkY

Normally, one filter is used for ice and water. Plus, I doubt a filter would go from normal to totally cut off, without exhibiting noticeable flow decrease over a period of time. My guess is that it's something gone wrong in the valve assembly. I'd go online, find an exploded diagram, and see where you can get to the lines, valves etc.

Reply to
trader4