maytag drinks dispenser

Anyone here familiar with the workings of these american style fridge freezers. My boss has one and asked me to change the water filter because it was blocked and the thing wouldn't deliver chilled drink or ice cubes . I changed the filter with genuine maytag one but it made no difference, I heard water rush in to fill the filter when I opened the isolating valve but naught else happened.

It's 7 years old and he has lost the user manual. I cannot find a model number.

As far as I can see a mains water feed comes into the back and then to the filter in the refrigerated compartment, from there the water goes to some sort of ice cube maker and then the cubes fall into an ice holder as half cylinder shaped blocks. There is some sort of crusher on the outlet to the ice holder and this then dumps to a chute in the door. The door has a pad with a microswitch that should trigger when a cup is held against it.

On the front door panel are buttons for water, ice cubes or crushed ice , a light and "lock". A green diode indicates whether ice, crushed ice or water is selected.

What I cannot figure is how water gets delivered as it seems to have to go through the ice maker, then the storage container and then out the chute the same way the ice would.

None of the push buttons have any effect.

My only thoughts are the solenoid at the water entry point has failed, a plug of ice is blocking a tube or as none of the door functions work there is a fault with a logic board.

Any suggestions?

AJH

Reply to
news

What and where is the bladder?

Yes I have suggested this but he's about to go on holiday so it must wait.

AJH

Reply to
news

Somewhere, usually at the back of the fridge compartment, there will be a bladder like tank that the water passes through to be chilled.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike