Maytag ice maker burned up boards

hello, i have a 6 y.o. Maytag side by side 25 cu.ft. thru the door ice dispenser fridge that has burned up 2 ice dispenser control boards (the original & a replacement i installed), the second fried the instant i touched the dispenser button. i also replaced the solenoid. i've heard scuttlebut that Maytag had problems with these, anyone know anything about these, or have any suggestions or answers? thanks in advance.

Reply to
coach

I HAD a maytag of similar vintage and the icemaker and associated parts required a service call almost every year. I had an extended warranty on it. The least dependable refrigerator I've ever owned.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Check with the gurus at repaircliniic.com. Odds are they will have some good advice especially if the it is a generic problem. Good place to buy repair parts and with their instructions, avoid having the new part get fried. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

repairclinic.com is where i got the replacement part that fried the second time. their suggestion wasto get a 2nd opinion (i had Whirlpool "look" @ it, which is all he did, his suggestion was to "reach into the freezer to get the ice out") short of payting $330 to get it fixed by them.

Reply to
coach