Maytag dishwasher not complete draining

I rarely use the dishwasher, but i do on occasion just so to keep it active. Never had put dirty dish's in it for fear of clogging, so when i do use it I set for Pots and Pans, and Normal wash.In such cases, after the washer shuts off, I notice some water near the drain that did not completely drained. The manual says to set it to Normal wash, wait 35 seconds than it should drain. First I find that instruction to turn on Normal wash an oxmoron...by setting it there, you can hear the water running again..so your adding more 'fuel' to the 'fire'. I know for a fact that it is not clogged by food, cause that is the one thing i made sure of not to add uneaten food scraps to it. Open to Any suggestions, please.

Reply to
Joe

I wonder if minimal use is allowing minerals to build up in the drain line. Also check that the drain line is not kinked.

Is the amount of water consistent?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I tried again by turning off the electric fuse to the dishwasher, waited for a couple of minutes, switch over to Normal wash, it ran and finally heard a click. I opened the door and sure enough, it drained. thanks to all.

Reply to
Joe