Maybe OT Car dealer commercials

I think there should be a law prohibiting car dealerships having their own people appear in commercials. Have they no pride? Sensibility? The ones that really look dumb is where the salespeople or owners are in some costume, be it a pirate or circus ringmaster. They look like (and they are) idiots.

More nanny state silly stuff.

They don’t give a damn if you think that they look like idiots.
On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 12:34:51 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

I think there should be a law prohibiting people who lack a sense of humor from posting to Usenet.
Cindy Hamilton
On 02/24/2019 09:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

For some reason the TV series 'The Middle' caught my fancy. Frankie's adventures at the car lot answers your question.

Can't legislate away stupidity, Ed. They seem to think it works for them - if it meens YOU don't buy from them, it's their loss - from THEIR stupidity.
If you buy from them, chances are it's YOUR loss - for the same reason - - - -
Ed P:
Here's a great one where a pitch guy appears in place of the dealer owner or employee...!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3Di3LY6Ns

Now that is an honest commercial!
When I lived in Philly, a Ford dealer advertised and it was a nice professional commercial. I was surprised when I was in CT to see the same commercial, same spokesman, just a different dealer sign. I imagine many of them do that.
On 2/24/2019 11:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Funny how some people react to ads. I told a friend that I like the TV show Blue Bloods and he told me that he hates Tom Selleck because of his ads for reverse mortgages.
On 2/24/2019 2:14 PM, Frank wrote:

I can understand that. If the company is reputable, I'm OK with it and it can help people . If it is a schlock outfit, then it hurts the reputation of the actor.
Then you have Shaquille O'Neal laughing all the way to the bank. He comes across as a bit of a buffoon, but is a pretty sharp businessman.
Oren posted for all of us...

Yes, he is. I do not follow basketball but became a fan after he retired and found out about his good deeds and ethics, although I will not buy Gold Bond lotion.
--
Tekkie

On 2/24/19 8:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

bility? The

(and

My favorite car commercial were the jo izusu car commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtX5m09YjQ4

For a full list:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jo+izusu+car+commercials