Big Bang Electric Base board heat

I have electric base board heating that runs through a separate breaker box with its own shut off switch that’s run to the thermostat. Every time it kicks on or off the breaker makes a very load banging noise. What is it. How do I fix it. Please help quickly. My nerves are shot.

Reply to
JoAnn Smith

Maybe someone spilled some popcorn in the heater?

Reply to
Tommy Silvah

Sounds like it's the contactor/relay. Some can be noisy. Find one that's quieter or switch to a solid state relay which has no moving parts and is silent.

Reply to
trader_4

What type of banging? Banging from the pipe expansion?

Reply to
Davej

No pipe with electric baseboards - the banging is generally the magnetic contactor used to switch the power to the heater.

Use a Crydom solid state unit instead and it is DEAD guiet.

Reply to
Clare Snyder