Big Bang Electric Base board heat

I have electric base board heating that runs through a separate breaker box with its own shut off switch that’s run to the thermostat. Every time it kicks on or off the breaker makes a very load banging noise. What is it. How do I fix it. Please help quickly. My nerves are shot.
On 2/23/2019 10:44 PM, JoAnn Smith wrote:

Maybe someone spilled some popcorn in the heater?
Sounds like it's the contactor/relay. Some can be noisy. Find one that's quieter or switch to a solid state relay which has no moving parts and is silent.
On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:44:08 PM UTC-6, JoAnn Smith wrote:

ox

time it

How

What type of banging? Banging from the pipe expansion?

No pipe with electric baseboards - the banging is generally the magnetic contactor used to switch the power to the heater.
Use a Crydom solid state unit instead and it is DEAD guiet.