Man sucked into Satellite Dish explodes and dies

Really lame.....did your Mommy write this for you??

Reply to
Roger Buttsnort

I can see why the owners are holding out against the writers in the current strike. Although, it's better than some of the claptrap that was on TV before the strike.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You must work for MSNBC

Reply to
bill allemann

Just goes to show what too much weed will do to your brain.

Reply to
Kimba W Lion

December 25, 2007

It began as a happy Christmas on 21st Avenue, but ended in trajedy. Robert Kellington loved his television, and had at least one set in every room of the house, all connected to his satellite system. On Christmas eve he got a 60 inch big screen television as a gift. Early on Christmas morning he flipped on the kitchen tv, grabbed a bite to eat and went to the bathroom for personal needs. While in the bathroom, he flipped on the bathroom tv set. Both his son and daughter were watching cartoons in their bedrooms, and his wife was watching a church service on the 27 inch master bedroom television. Kellington went to the basement to get some tools, and immediately flipped on the basement tv, leaving it on as he came back upstairs and went to the living toom to connect the cable to his new big screen set. He got the cable connected, and hit the power switch, just when his neighbor, Matthew Foreman was running a snowblower on his driveway, near the Kellington's satellite dish.

The moment Robert Kellington his the power switch on his new big screen tv, there was a power surge through the satellite dish, and his neighbor, Matthew Foreman was sucked into the dish, along with his snowblower. Both him and the snowblower exploded as they smashed thru the center of the satellite dish, and were expelled out the rear in small pieces of flesh, bone, and metal, which were spread across an area several city blocks wide.

Police investigators later said there were 14 television sets turned on at the same time in the Kellington's home, and the surge of that big screen set created such a powerful burst of energy, it literally sucked Foreman into the dish, causing his instantanious death. They went on to explain that the dish was sucking so much power it became an electronic magnet of sorts and reacted similar to a vacuum cleaner. The magnetic field grabbed the metal of the snowblower, pulling Foreman along. They estimated Foreman and the snowblower struck the dish at a speed of over 60,000 miles per second, thus exploding them instantly.

Kellington is not being charged, since it was not intentional, but all of his television equipment is being held for investigation. Kellington refused to speak to reporters, except to say that he is so very sorry for what happened. Police investigators are considering the possibility of suing the manufacturer of both the satellite equipment, and the big screen television, but not until further analysis and research is done to determine the cause of the incident.

Gary Hernandez - Reporter WEED Tv Inc. Ontario

Reply to
GaryHernandez

on 12/26/2007 4:10 PM snipped-for-privacy@weed-tv.com said the following:

I saw a movie one time named "Stay Tuned", where the people were sucked into the satellite dish and sent off into characters in TV programs. It starred John Ritter and Pam Dawber. Are you sure this isn't the movie?

Reply to
willshak

One must investigate this new power source.Call it Miracle Power.

Reply to
John

But, was the dish and equipment OK?

Reply to
Roger_N

Aw. C'mon. April is still four month's away.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

The convention is: W = east, K = west. Those stations in existence before the regulation was adopted (1923) were allowed to keep their original designations and have popsicles for lunch.

Reply to
HeyBub

Or KDKA in Pittsburg, Pa.......

Reply to
Roger Buttsnort

To all with too much time....

What pap for half-baked brains.

Be careful! Once long ago brains and eggs were a delicacy aboard railroad trains' dining cars.

I'll take the eggs; the rest of you are stuck with your brains.

Harley Harebrain

Reply to
ExTex

Hey, it happened here too. Couple years ago Elvis was walking his dog and eating a peanut butter and bananna sandwich out in front of my house when......

PaPaPeng wrote:

Reply to
N3TQV

the heathen, after Jesus Christ, believed in the books of Moses, kept them in substance and spirit, and only rejected what was useless.

725. Prophecies.--The conversion of the Egyptians (Isaiah 19:19); an altar in Egypt to the true God.

726. Prophecies.--In Egypt. Pugio Fidei, p. 659. Talmud. "It is a tradition among us, that, when the Messiah shall come, the house of God, destined for the dispensation of His Word, shall be full of filth and impurity; and that the wisdom of the scribes shall be corrupt and rotten. Those who shall be afraid to sin, shall be rejected by the people, and treated as senseless fools."

Is. xlix: "Listen, O isles, unto me, and hearken, ye people, from afar: The Lord hath called me by my name from the womb of my mother; in the shadow of His hand hath He hid me, and hath made my words like a sharp sword, and said unto me, Thou art my servant in whom I will be glorified. Then I said, Lord, have I laboured in vain? have I spent my strength for nought? yet surely my judgment is with Thee, O Lord, and my work with Thee. And now, saith the Lord, that formed me from the womb to be His servant, to bring Jacob and Israel again to Him, Thou shalt be glorious in my sight, and I will be thy strength. It is a light thing that thou shouldst convert the tribes of Jacob; I have raised thee up for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the ends of the earth. Thus saith the Lord to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Princes and kings shall worship thee, because the Lord is f

Reply to
willshak

Medes and Persians, and the he-goat is the king of Greece, and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king of this monarchy.

"Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

"And in the latter time of their kingdom, when iniquities are come to the full, there shall arise a king, insolent and strong, but not by his own power, to whom all things shall succeed after his own will; and he shall destroy the holy people, and through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand, and he shall destroy many. He shall also stand up against the Prince of princes, but he shall perish miserably, and nevertheless by a violent hand."

Daniel 9:20. "Whilst I was praying with all my heart, and confessing my sin and the sin of all my people, and prostrating myself before my God, even Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, came to me and touched me about the time of the evening oblation, and he informed me and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee the knowledge of things. At the beginning of thy supplications I came to shew that which thou didst desire, for thou are greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people, and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to abolish iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness; to accomplish the vision and the prophecies, and to anoint the Most Holy. (After which this people shall be no more thy people, nor this city the holy city. The times of wrath shall be passed, and the years of grace shall come for ever.)

"Know therefore, and understand, that, from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and three score and t

Reply to
N3TQV

et contradicentem.141 That God would strike them with blindness, and in full noon they would grope like the blind; and that a forerunner would go before Him.

736. Transfixerunt.[142] Zech. 12:10.

That a deliverer should come, who would crush the demon's head, and free His people from their sins, ex omnibus iniquitatibus;[143] that there should be a New Covenant, which would be eternal; that there should be another priesthood after the order of Melchisedek, and it should be eternal; that the Christ should be glorious, mighty, strong, and yet so poor that He would not be recognised, nor taken for what He is, but rejected and slain; that His people who denied Him should no longer be His people; that the idolaters should receive Him, and take refuge in Him; that He should leave Zion to reign in the centre of idolatry; that nevertheless the Jews should continue for ever; that He should be of Judah, and when there should be no longer a king.

SECTION XII: PROOFS OF JESUS CHRIST

737. There
Reply to
Roger_N

their nothingness without knowing it; for it is indeed to be unhappy to be in insufferable sadness as soon as we are reduced to thinking of self and have no diversion.

165. Thoughts.--In omnibus requiem quaesivi.21 If our condition were truly happy, we not need diversion from thinking of it in order to make ourselves happy.

166. Diversion.--Death is easier to bear without thinking of it than is the thought of death without peril.

167. The miseries of human life has established all this: as men have seen this, they have taken up diversion.

168. Diversion.--As men are not able to fight against death, misery, ignorance, they have taken it into their heads, in order to be happy, not to think of them at all.

169. Despite these miseries, man wishes to be happy, and only wishes to be happy, and cannot wish not to be so. But how will he set about it? To be happy he would have to make himself immortal; but, not being able to do so, it has occurred to him to prevent himself from thinking of death.

170. Di

Reply to
John

and I have listened to Him as a master.

"The Lord hath revealed His will, and I was not rebellious.

"I gave my body to the smiters, and my cheeks to outrage; I hid not my face from shame and spitting. But the Lord hath helped me; therefore I have not been confounded.

"He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? who will be mine adversary, and accuse me of sin, God himself being my protector?

"All men shall pass away, and be consumed by time; let those that fear God hearken to the voice of His servant; let him that languisheth in darkness put his trust in the Lord. But as for you, ye do but kindle the wrath of God upon you; ye walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham, your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, when childless, and increased him. Behold, I have comforted Zion, and heaped upon her blessings and consolations.

"Hearken unto me, my people, and give ear unto me; for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the Gentiles."

Amos viii. The prophet, having enumerated the sins of Israel, said that God had sworn to take vengeance on them.

He says this: "And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day; and I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation.

"You all shall have sorrow and suffering, and I will make this nation mourn as for an only son, and the end therefore as a bitter day. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord. And they shal

Reply to
bill allemann

Many, while their minds have been filled with spiritual delights, have as it were forgot their food; their bodily appetite has failed, while their minds have been entertained with meat to eat that others knew not of. The light and comfort which some of them enjoy, give a new relish to their common blessings, and cause all things about them to appear as it were beautiful, sweet, and pleasant. All things abroad, the sun, moon, and stars, the clouds and sky, the heavens and earth, appear as it were with a divine glory and sweetness upon them. Though this joy includes in it a delightful sense of the safety of their own state, yet frequently, in times of their highest spiritual entertainment, this seems not to be the chief object of their fixed thought and meditation. The supreme attention of their minds is to the glorious excellencies of God and Christ; and there is very often a ravishing sense of God's love accompanying a sense of His excellency. They rejoice in a sense of the faithfulness of God's promises, as they respect the future eternal enjoyment of Him.

The unparalleled joy that many of them speak of, is what they find when they are lowest in the dust, emptied most of themselves, and as it were annihilating themselves before God; when they are nothing, and God is all; seeing their own unworthiness, depending not at all on themselves, but alone on Christ, and ascribing all glory to God. Then their souls are most in the enjoyment of satisfying rest; excepting that, at such times, they apprehend themselves to be not sufficiently self-abased; for then above all times d

Reply to
me

virtues. Even God attributes to Himself avarice, jealousy, anger; and these are virtues as well as kindness, pity, constancy, which are also passions. We must employ them as slaves, and, leaving to them their food, prevent the soul from taking any of it, For, when the passions become masters, they are vices; and they give their nutriment to the soul, and the soul nourishes itself upon it and is poisoned.

503. Philosophers have consecrated the vices by placing them in God Himself. Christians have consecrated the virtues.

504. The just man acts by faith in the least things; when he reproves his servants, he desires their conversion by the Spirit of God, and prays God to correct them; and he expects as much from God as from his own reproofs, and prays God to bless his corrections. And so in all his other actions he proceeds with the Spirit of God; and his actions deceive us by reason of the... or suspension of the Spirit of God in him; and he repents in his affliction.

505. All things can be deadly to us, even the things made to serve us; as in nature walls can kill us, and stairs can kill us, if we do not walk circumspectly.

The least movement affects all nature; the entire sea changes because of a rock. Thus, in grace, the least action affects everything by its consequences; therefore everything is important.

In each action we must look beyond the action at our past, present, and future state, and at others whom it affects, and see the relations of all those things. And then we shall be very cautious.

506. Let God not impute to us our sins, that is to say, all the consequences and results of our sins, which are dreadful, even those of the smallest faults, if we wish to follow them out mercilessly!

507. The spirit of grace; the hardness of the heart; external circumstances.

508. Grace is indeed needed to turn a man into a saint; and he who doubts it does not know what a saint or a man is.

509. Philosophers.--A fine thing to cry to a man who d

Reply to
Roger Buttsnort