Satellite dish.

Don't use satellite much, and then only really Freesat.

Just bought a second TV which as a satellite tuner built in - same as the main one.

I realise the normal way would be a twin output LNB (I think) but the extra cable for this a PITA to install.

However, I could very easily split the existing feed to supply both TVs. Is there a switch, etc, that would allow this? Or another way of achieving this?

I'd be happy if only one set at a time could use the dish, but any switch would have to be remotely controlled to be convenient.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Don't think a normal multiswitch would do what you want, as that would require a quad/quattro input

this is described as a priority switch, which would seem to steer a single LNB input to one of two outputs, depending on which is turned on, and presumably one output always "wins" if both are on?

Andy Burns

Brilliant, thanks Andy. Just what's needed. It helps when you know what to ask for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You might need to fiddle about with the power saving settings of both receivers, as many receivers have the tenancy to keep the LNB energised, even when in standby

Reply to
Mark Carver

You could swap the LNB to a twin or Quad and use a stacker & destacker to feed both TY's

SH

If both the receivers support it a unicable LNB could be used.

Reply to
alan_m

yes, a unicable lnb can support at least 8 tuners....

Reply to
SH

or search for a Unicable multiswitch that has some legact ports but a google search is failing me.....

Reply to
SH