loud buzzing coming from control panel of Kenmore range

Hi all.

There's a LOUD buzzing sound coming from the control panel of my Kenmore range. I don't know how old the range is, because it came with the apartment. But, it's one of those sleek stainless-steel types, so it can't be that old.

All burners work, and so does the oven. But the buzzing is driving me crazy!!! Anyone else experience this.

If it's helpful, the model is 665.95823003.

Thanks!

Reply to
bunniesandducks

Hi,

Looks like 2 possible trouble makers ( you may not know which unless you have a peek/listen to them )...

Clock has a transformer on it...

control board.

Seperate transformer...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

If it has an analog clock on it,could it be the timer? Older models had a timer on the clock by pushing in the clock adjuster. To shut it off, you moved the timer indicator to the 12 o' clock position.

Reply to
Mikepier

My stove has a mechanical busser/alarm on it. when the timer gets to the end of the cycle, the buzzer starts buzzing. It is tough to shut off. It is so bad sometimes that the wife wants a new stove:-). everything else works ok. maybe you have the same prob. My stove is a whirlpool, I think they make the Kenmore for Sears also.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Mine did that last month. It was the timer that went crazy. The clock had quite working last year. I replaced the whole timer,clock and other stuff in that module. Cost over $100. Not hard to do.

Reply to
Chuck B.

Had the same complaint. Its mechanical so its "screw-up-able" If it has a striker arm pull back the striker so that it doesn't touch the noisemaker. If something else dampen the sound by gluing on felt or just use that double sided tape with a foam core.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

I'll check the alarm angle, although I cut the power to the range and the buzzing was still there when I put the power back on... it's a digital clock...

thanks, everyone for responding!

PaPaPeng wrote:

Reply to
bunniesandducks

My Kenmore gas oven control board is humming. I don't use the timed-oven features but the control board began humming yesterday and I don't know why

Reply to
Leslie Edwards