Looking for replacement parts for old Stanley door opener

I have an old Model 800 unit which needs a new plastic gear. No one seems to have parts for this machine as Stanley went belly-up years ago and parts are scarce.

Anyone know of someone who might have some parts lying around? I am looking for a replacement drive wheel.

Thanks

Reply to
MG

i monkeyed around with replacing a 25 year old noisy chain garage door opener's plastic gear and it was a waste of $25 and hours and hours in a hot garage in summer. in the equal amount of time for $60 labor the new replacement garage door opener i picked out with a quiet belt drive was installed. for me it wasn't just the gear gone bad, the chewed up gear was a symptom of the whole system binding. look at home depot.

Reply to
buffalobill

Stanley isn't belly-up, they're alive and well. Where did you hear that?