Leaky faucet warps countertop.

We are living with a squirting leak on the base of the kitchen swing spout faucet. The swinging spout seal has been leaking for many years. We've reported the problem to the landlord. But when the repairman came, he replaced faucet with a brand new one of the same type and the problem continues weeks later.

I took the circular seal out from the base (see #13 in the pic below) and find nothing wrong with it so I put it back in. It still leaks. What are some ways I can make it stop leaking?

Thanks Exclude part #17 in this pic

Tim Zimmerman

I think the real seal is an o-ring up in there. Maybe the repairman took a faucet from another unit and switched yours to theirs.

Reply to
itsallgood

This looks like a Delta faucet. Part # 13 is not the seal, it's a friction washer. You need to replace the three orings above it.

Hope this helps.

~C~

Reply to
CES

Vaseline on the o-rings.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

use of an oil based product on an oring not designed for this will cause it to self destruct. try using a silicone based grease instead.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer