Lawnmower Blade Adapter Removal

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the blade adapter from my Craftsman lawnmower? I need to replace the drive belt for the self propel, and I can't get the stupid adapter off. There is a debris shield under the adapter that covers the belt.

I don't want to force things, obviously, but I can't seem to figure this out. Any ideas? TIA

Reply to
twalz68225

Certainly you have the bolt & blade off...

The adapter is keyed & it can get corroded in there. Try a combination of knocks with a light ballpeen & prying with a crowbar. Don't pry too forcefully or you'll push in the bottom of the aluminum engine cover.

If possible, see if you can span that area with a 2x4 against the mower deck, so you can really apply some force with the crowbar.

I'm sure the repair shops have a puller that protects the blade bolt threads, if all else fails.

Reply to
Robert Barr

_________

I've used a gear puller for this.