Laminate Flooring

Where on the Internet can I find a "good" video on installing laminate flooring?

I have clicked my way through search results for a few hours and am hoping someone knows of one.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Asked at HD or Lowes?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Try the web sites of various manufacturers. Ask at the flooring store and they may have a video to lend you and the tools to lend also. When I did my engineered hardwood floor, Mannington had a video and the dealer lent it to me. That was a half dozen years ago so I don't know what is available today.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

*It's not that difficult to install laminate flooring. Various manufacturers have instructions. I got some very useful tips from the salesman at a flooring store, not a big box chain store. The most difficult part is cutting the stuff as it is harder than wood. You could check some home improvement sites like Bob Vila or This Old House as I am sure that I have seen them install laminate at one time.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Try Google>>YouTube>>"install laminate flooring". Looks like there are over a dozen short videos. Likely there will be several that are what you need. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

This is true. Did mine about 8 years ago. Still looking very good. All butt joints very tight. I would suggest a good miter saw with a good blade. Small toothed blade I would add. Without good 90 degree cuts it's going to look bad.

I would also mention like all flooring you need to have a good base. It's all in the details.

Reply to
Brent Bolin

Remember to examine every piece very carefully before you install it. My installer missed two bad spots and had to disassemble half of a room to replace the two. Also, work from at least two boxes at a time to help make sure you don't repeat the same pattern to close together.

Reply to
Buerste