KitchenAid dishwasher - inlet protector

Hi all,

My remarkably new Kitchen Aid dishwasher is making the never-ending gunnnnn-gunnnnn-gunnnn noise that indicates something undigestable is stuck in the grinder. I've torn it down past the wash arms and filter assembly, but am confronted with what RepairClinic.com lables as an "inlet protector".

Is there a proper(i.e. non-destructive) means for removing this little item? On my last dishwasher (a Whirlpool), I clamped down on it with vise grips and hauled it up -- alas, this action damaged the plastic such that I was pretty sure I'd only get three or four removals before replacement was necessary.

So... is there a *right* way to remove one of these?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Laurence

Andrew Laurence wrote in news:atlauren- snipped-for-privacy@news.service.uci.edu:

I removed mine without damage by using paint can openers. Got a couple of them, hooked lip under edge then pulled straight up if I recall. Can't swear as to exactly it went. I think that's what ended up working.

Reply to
Red Green