Repair a Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet Dishwasher?

Our Kitchenaid Whisperquiet dishwasher (KUDM25EHWH) is having problems. First, it would not cycle through the stages of wash, and now there is standing water in the machine.

Is there anything I can try on my own, or is this a strictly professional problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael

I mean no offense by this, but:

If you have to ask, you'd better call someone. (especially if it's under warranty still)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Hi Mike,

About the only thing you might want to try is to verify that the drain's open. You can do this easily if you have a wet-vac. Just pull the drain hose off under the sink, whether it's into a tailpiece or disposal (or the air gap if one's used), connect the vac to the drain hose and run it briefly. That will usually clear any drain clogs.

Beyond that, I'd probably suggest you call in a pro.

Hope that's of some help.

Reply to
Dave Harnish