Suggestions on drip pan leak

Hi All,

My main pan is leaking into the secondary pan and I was wondering if there is any way to replace them or line them to repair? Also, the main drain line blows cold air out of the vent pipe (I'm assuming it is a vent pipe). Can I put a P-trap before the vent so it won't waste cold air? Should I also seal the pipes going into it so they will not loose cold air? Here is a picture:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sully

Reply to
Sully

99 times out of 100 you will have to replace the entire coil because the pan is built into it. Even if you could somehow patch it, it will just leak again someplace else.
Reply to
Red Neckerson

Often it is cheaper to replace the whole coil than just the pan, it depends if a factory pan is removable, and available, which usually it is not. Probably not a cheap repair either way. Yes you can trap the condensate drain, and seal the duct work. Greg

Reply to
Greg O