Kitchenaid Dishwasher pump noise

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDR24, installed 1997. It has been performing flawlessly until about a month ago when the pump started making this grinding noise during draining. I assumed this was the food disposer and surely after a few more loads it subsided significantly....but not completely. Now during a cycle, when the pump runs it is a bit noisier than it used to be as if something may be in there. The machine runs fine. It doesn't sound annoying enough (yet) to call for service...especially for the $250+ it would cost me for a new pump. Any thoughts on the issue would be appreciated. Thanks! Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Hi,

That is part of the full model#.

model# helps.

Might be a good idea to check inside the pump assy for any hard ( glass, pit, bread bag tie, ect ) before more damage is done.

should be close/like yours.

Hope fully there is no water or whiting on top of the motor ( viewed with the access panals off ) which indicates some water is passing through the pump assy seals and into the motor itself making it noisy.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff