Kitchenaid dishwasher problems

Hello:

I have a top of the line Kitchenaid dishwasher that is almost two years old (cost $864 installed, on sale).

The dishwasher has never performed up to my expectations. Our old GE Potscrubber performed very well cleaning even baked on stuff, but this dishwasher has it's share of 'rejects' from every use. I have been told by service people that the water is not hot enough, and I need to change soaps, run vinegar to clean it out, etc, etc. I think it is just a mediocre, over-rated, over-priced product.

Anyhow, lately the dishwasher has been leaving a 'silt' of film over the glassware, and I do not what to look for. All three 'arms' seem to be rotating, and the owners manual does not mention any screens, or traps to check, or clean.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill

To check water pressure for washing: put a short glass in the top rack rightside up, turn the dishwasher on, let it fill, then let it wash for about 20-30 sec and open the door to stop the cycle. See how much water is in the glass. Eg. mine washes fine. I used two glasses 3-4" high. The one near the middle of the rack almost filled up with water in 30 sec. The one near the edge was about 1/2 full.

Also, do you use a rinse aid?

sue at interport dot net

Reply to
Curly Sue

Hi,

Some cleaning d/w tips/info that may or may not help :)

Sand like deposits inside the glasses and d/w: Sometimes the shape of the object ( like a baby bottle with a small opening on the top ) does not allow full water pressure inside and you only get some steam, this can leave salt and pepper like junk inside. Water temperature, and condition of granular soap will also have to be checked.

If the d/w hasn't performed very well from the get-go...maybe the installation should be checked??

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff