Kitchen Sink Water Pressure

Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

What's the matter with your dog -

- or your cooking ... ? .. if the dog won't lick those plates clean ! :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

Never thought much about it in the kitchen but have used a pressure washer. Pressure drops considerably with distance,

My faucet is similar and you can have the aerator or spray and the spray is much better. It has a pull-down tip so you can get close and not splatter.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sink bottom.

Reply to
Hawk

Based on what?

I just did a simple test. Turned the water on high. Held an item below at the sink bottom. As I brought it closer I could feel more pressure.

Similar to a flashlight, you get some spreading and less intensity with distance.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But marginally. The faucet outlet may have a restrictor in it to "save water" by reducing the flow. Mine does.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper