Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

1 of 132324 Kitchen faucet sprayer 0 views Subscribe Noel8's profile photo Noel8 Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago) to I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just want to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and would splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It seems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happens? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not to get sprayed.
Reply to
Joe

There is a lot of dissatisfaction among sprayers. The FBI predicts increased violence, especially now that they have learned to communicate, using w-mail.

Some sprayers were made in China and they have Communist tendencies.

Be careful. Try to appease your own sprayer and hope that it does not get radicalized.

Reply to
micky

Did the plumber supply it or did you? If it was the plumber, I would get him back, it's a defective one and his problem. If you bought it, try contacting manufacturer's support. That will be easier if it's a Delta than if it's some China junk from Ebay. Sounds like there is a problem with the diverter valve part.

Reply to
trader_4

Good luck with that.

"However, Delta is no longer an American faucet manufacturer. Contract manufacturers, most of which are in China, make the majority of Delta faucets. Delta itself produces fewer than half of the Delta faucets sold in North America and assembles these from parts and components manufactured mostly in Asia."

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

How American of them. OTOH, it comes down to specifications. The Chinese are capable of making high quality parts, though they will cost more that the inferior stuff. Depends on how low they want to go

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There is a big difference between China product sourced by a major US company and China no name product on Ebay. One has a US company specifying it, monitoring it, performing quality control, providing support. AFAIK, Delta still has customer support, don't they?

Reply to
trader_4