Delta Kitchen Faucet/Sprayer Problem

Hi, all;

I've gotten good answers here before, but I haven't posted in a long time.

This one should be easy -- We installed a Delta combination kitchen faucet/sprayer a while back, and for months it worked perfectly. When I used the sprayer, the tap would stop completely and divert the flow entirely to the sprayer.

Not any more; now the tap stays on at reduced flow and the force of the sprayer is much less.

Can someone tell me what caused the change in the way the Delta works and how I can fix it? It has to be a problem nearly everyone experienced sometime.

Thanks, JPM

Reply to
DemoDisk

Hi. Most likely you need a diverter. You have to take tap apart to get at it. Pull old one out and install new one. HD, or Lowe will have it. Costs ~5.00.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The actual part that does the function hides inside the round stem.

You have to remove the spigot to get to it. Just a simple neoprene part.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Stick your thumb in the faucet for a moment: the spray goes full force and remains that way until you let go.

Reply to
HeyBub

It's not always the diverter valve, though usually it is.

I had a similar problem which didn't respond to a new diverter valve. The proximate cause turned out to be the rubber washer at the joint between the hose and the spray head. That washer had swollen and squeezed its center hole down to something too small to let a decent flow pass through.

A quick whack with a hollow punch to increase the size of that center hole in the washer and all's been well ever since.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Ah! Just like the roto-rooter thing they do for an enlarged prostate.

Same problem--same solution. :)

Reply to
Colbyt

Dig out your owners manual. Many of these faucets have lifetime warranties. All you'll have to do is call the manufacturer with the model number and they will send a new diverter with instructions.

Reply to
Ed