Kenmore side by side/ no ice ?

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator, about two years old. It does not make ice. It looks like the unit goes through a cycle for making ice, but no water comes into the tray.

I changed the filter, thinking it might be restricting water flow. That didn't help.

I suspect the water valve. (I do get water at the front dispenser).

If it is the valve, is it hard to change ??

--James--

Reply to
James

buffalobill

I have the same problem with mine. I believe the water line coming into my freezer freezes up. When I take everything out of the freezer and shut it off and let it thaw out and then start it back up it works fine. I just learned to live with it and thaw it out when it happens.

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Dunno.

It could be clogged at that valve, or clogged at the tap into the water line. Make sure water is getting to the fridge before spending effort on the fridge.

Reply to
mm