kenmore ice maker stopped making ice

Andy writes;

If it uses a plastic tray that drops the ice by twisting the tray, and the unit is 3-4 years old or more, it MIGHT be that sediment buildup in the tray has made the surfaces rough and when the tray twists, all of the ice doesn't fall out. The next time it is filled, the water sent is too much since some of the slots are still filled, and the water bridges over the top of the tray and freezes. Then, almost none of the ice will drop out when the tray twists. Then, the water runs across the top of the tray and just drips into the ice bin and freezes.....

If this is your problem, just replace the ice tray. It snaps out and back in, and costs about 10 bucks....

I've had a Kenmore for about 20 years, and have done this every

3-4 years, and it always has fixed it......

And, yess, I have taken apart the icemaker and messed with it, and I am an engineer and know about stuff ..... after doing it the first time, I don't bother --- I just replace the ice tray....

Sears has a website that you can order it in the mail.... Takes about a week.....

I hope this is your problem, as it is something you can handle yourself and save a bunch of bucks...

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have a 2 year old Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refrigerator. Model #

106.53652300.

The filter is at the bottom of the unit underneath the freezer side. The other day, it stopped making ice. The troubleshooting wasn't of much use. Nothing appears to be stuck in the ice maker but I'm not sure how to manually move the drop sleeve to get a better look.

I flipped the switch off/on and tried it with the accelerice mode and without, no luck.

The water line is working as I can still get water fine. What else can I check, if anything?

Reply to
ESM

How exactly do I take the ice tray out? I'm worried I'm going to snap something apart. This is an ice maker that dumps in a removable bin that is on the door.

on the maker itself is a large black piece on the left, and on the front is a white plastic piece with "fins".

Reply to
ESM

Here is my ice maker

ESM