New Ice maker - awful tasting water.

Howdy,

Cletus here.

Got a question about Ice makers. I got me a new GE side by side fridgirator with Ice maker and water dispenser.

Appears the water tastes rotten, even going past the built in charcoal filter.

I'm working on the pipes, as you may read in another thread I started. Meanwhile the water is bad. It's crystal clear now. But it tastes bitter. Must be lots of bad stuff down there.

Is there a unit or filtering system reasonably priced I can hook up to the incoming water line that will filter the water better?

All help will be appreciated with extreme prejudice:)

Cletus

Reply to
CletusMilsap

You could put a whole house filter in with a sediment filter then a charcoal. Are you on city water you may want to contact them about the bad taste. Does it taste bad form all the faucets or just the fridge?

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Without knowing what is responsible for the taste, it is likely impossible for anyone to tell you if (or what is required) to filter it. Take a water sample and have it tested, then look for a filter which is able to filter the responsible constituent.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to