Kenmore refridgerator ice maker

Hi, It seems that our ice maker is putting a little to much water in the tray and sometimes the larger cubes get stuck. I then have to remove and melt the ice and start over. Is there an adjustment for this. This is a freezer on top fridge about 6 years old. It's made by Whirlpool . Thanks Ivan

Reply to
ivan

I the amount of water entering the ice tray is a fuction of time the solinoid is open and the pressure on you water system..

Not much you can do to change the time interval and the solinoid valve, to some extent, meters the water flow..However with higher pressure, you are getting too much (stating the obvious).

The ice maker supply line should have a isolation valve where it is connected to the main water pipe. I would recommend that you close that valve enough to further restrict the water flow into the ice mold. Trial and error..

Good luck.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It is really filling too much and the water just not continuing to dribble in after it should have stopped?

Depending on the model of your refrigerator and the icemaker used in it, there may be an adjustment for the water fill time if it is really over filling. You can find tips for locating the model number on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

If it filled with the proper amount of water previously and no recent changes in your water pressure have taken place, I would hazard a guess that there is a problem that likely needs to be looked into. You should always try to correct a problem rather than just to alleviate the symptom. JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

Over filling can be a problem with the icemaker itself or the fill valve as well!!

There are some adjustements, but if something is broken the adjustment may not help....

overflowing trouble makers
how much water should they fill with and adjustements.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Great site, I will try some of the tips there and get back. Thanks for the quick replies.

Ivan

Reply to
ivan