Kenmore dryer stops while drying...

I have a 5 year old Kenmore gas dryer. The model is 110.73942101.

The dryer often stops running during the cycle before it is time. Pressing the Start button does not get it going again unless I pulled the power plug and replug it into the wall. I tried all temperature settings and they behave the same. When the dryer stops, the timer knob rapidly runs down.

Any clue what may be wrong?

Reply to
dchou4u

I had an old Kenmore whose door latch got weak and the tumbling clothes would open the door just enough to open the switch.

I didn't have to unplug it to get it working, but then this model was so old that it didn't have any sophisticated electronics in it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I doubt it's the door since the door appears to be really tight. Also the fact that I needed to unplug and re-plug the power cord seems to indicate some other problem.

Reply to
dchou4u

Aha! Not one of those 'darn' new fangled one with an electronic timer??????

Reply to
terry

It has a big timer knob that you turn to pick the time of the drying. I noticed that whenever the dryer stops prematurely, the timer knob seems to turn faster than normal. So if there was still 1/2 hour to go and the dryer stops, the knob winds itself down in just a few minutes. Strange, but an important clue...

Reply to
dchou4u