Jenn Air Electric Cooktop

We have a Jenn Air Glass Cooktop and it sits above the counter top about 1/4 of an inch. It's greatest value seems to be the ability to collect crumbs! I've gotten more use out of my old toothbrushes that way... I can't find anything online to tell me if I can caulk under that lip, does anyone know?

I know if we ever end up replacing the thing we'll either have to replace like for like or (dare I hope) replace the countertops, so I'm not concerned about damage to the existing surface below.

-K

Reply to
Swoopey

They now have black High temperature RTV sealer which is a lot like silicone chalk. You can find it at auto parts places. Originally the only color choice for high temp was orange

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Reply to
JGolan

Well, you could remove the seal if you need to work on the unit. I don't see why you can't put some clear silacon around it. It would stop food from getting under it.

Reply to
naflsh