I've a Whirlpool Microwave (model MH1150XMQ-1). It is 1.5 years old.
Recently the cooktop light bulb quit working and I simply thought it
had burned out and went out and replaced it. The new bulb did nothing.
Hmmmm. So I opened up the underside panel to check the socket for any
problems. Using my circuit tester I determined that there was no power
coming through the wires to the cooktop light socket. I plugged the
socket into the wires that go to power the turntable and the socket
indeed works fine (of course only when the microwave is engaged). So,
I'm not getting any juice through the wires that clip to the cooktop
I'm not sure how to open the unit up any further to check to see if
something is visibly amiss with the board that feeds to the socket.
This unit costs about $150-$170. Is this a problem worth fixing or is
it something I can possibly fix on my own? Any input is appreciated.
i don't know, but see your parts and costs at:
and lots of encouraging words always at:
and if it was up to me i would consider giving the bulb power
constantly. i need a nightlight anyway and i enjoyed the old microwave
feature where the light stayed on until the food was removed. i can't
tell you how much forgotten cooking has been wasted at bedtime since
that feature vanished, at least from the models i've been buying.
Yeah, but my GE microwave has a readout that says "your food is done".
That reminds me that there is food in it. However, one day I placed
an empty bowl in there which I wanted to dry quickly. I figured the
MW would heat the water enough to dry it. It dried fairly well, but
when I went to open the door, the readout said "your food is done".
I looked and looked, but never found any food. This means my
microwave is a liar and a fraud. I am considering turning it into the
FBI. In fact, I bet if I placed some cat shit from my litter box in
there, it would say "your food is done". Now who in their right mind
would eat cooked cat shit? It's a sick world we live in when we cant
even trust our own microwave because it lies...... :)
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.