Is this rubber u-channel good for the edge of a shower valve cover?

Hello all,

The rubber around the edge of my shower valve cover is shot. I found this on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/gqmQtgS I cannot find out from the description, customer comments, and questions whether it will work.

Any comments?

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Not seeing your valve I don't know if it will wrap around it. I'd consider a bead of silicone instead.

Reply to
Ed P

Ditto, You can shape the silicone to your preference.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

What's a shower valve cover? I know the shower valve is for turning the shower on, and maybe adjustting its temperature, but what is a cover?

Like your finger to do this. God gave us 10 fingers** so you don't have to re-lick a finger with silicone on it I can't imagine that is good for you.

**And of different sizes, so you can pick the right size for each use.
Reply to
micky

Find the manufacturer. See if you can get replacement parts. Some plumbing fixtures have life time parts replacement.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Hello Dan,

Actually I got replacements for the internal parts for free from the manufacturer. I did not think about it for this.

I will call them Monday.

Thanks!

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Here is what it looks like:

The scum-like th> > > Hello all,

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Here is a photo of the shower valve cover with the valve and the diverter.

Artur Deguzman

Thanks. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like t his.

Reply to
micky

Or take the cover to a local plumbing store and see if that have one that fits.

Reply to
trader_4

Problem solved!

I followed Dan's advice and called Symmons. They are sending what I need FREE!

BTW, I found out that the proper term for what I kept calling "valve cover" is "escutcheon."

Thanks!

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

Glad to hear it worked out!