Where does a troublesome woodpecker go at night?

I have a woodpecker living in the eaves at night. It leaves in the morning.

If I bang a lot, it flys away. If I bang at night & if it flys away at night, where does it go?

Reply to
Maxmillian

rbowman

I think nesting birds keep a few nests nearby. I don't know if birds can navigate at night without the sun though. But they navigate to their other hideouts using the sun as their guide. So maybe they get lost and die. I don't know. Ornithologists would know.

Reply to
Anssi Saari