Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser problems

I'm on my 5th Insinkerator! The first one lasted a long time (about 8 years) but the last 3 only lasted about 1 to 2 years. Always a leaking tank and just out of warranty. This will be my last Insinkerator as its too expensive to replace every one or two years.

Are there any reliable hot water dispensers that well last more than a couple of years out there?

Reply to
Jack

I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the pH near neutral?

Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major outcry from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your water or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like the anode in the water heater?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Perhaps local water hammer? I peersonally use a Black and Decker coffee maker with a carafe. it keeps the water warm for about 6-8 hours. But since its the same principle im sure, I have been thinking about hot water dispensers.

Reply to
dnoyeB

I am having the same problem. I'm fed up!

Reply to
Jealib

After owning several Insinkerators with short life times, I bought a Kitchenaid for twice the price. I installed it many years ago and it has been 100% reliable since day one. It is made way sturdier and more durable than the Insinkerator IMHO.

Reply to
Smarty

IDK about the KA ones, but I went through a couple of the Insinkerators. They lasted maybe 5 years. One the thermal fuse went out for no reason. Replacement one was totally different design, which means they likely figured out it was a bad design. But the final early failure on both of them was they started leaking. I opted for an electric kettle.

Reply to
trader_4