Inline Dryer Vent

I have an inline powered dryer vent. I manually have to plug it in when the dryer is started. Is it possible cut off the plug and wire it direct to the dryer motor/terminal block (when the motor's on the vents on?). Does anybody have this hooked-up this way?

Reply to
Jibber

you can get switches that turn on a socket when a power drain is seen. they're used to turn on a dust collector when the saw turns on, for example.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Sure, you can do that, or just change out the vent booster for one with a sail switch that will operate automatically when the airflow from the dryer starts.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

If you decide to wire directly to the dryer motor terminals, make sure that you get the right voltage (that is, you don't want to connect a

120V vent booster fan to a 240V dryer motor terminal....).
Reply to
Travis Jordan

You should be able to get a sail switch or a pressure sensitive switch that will not require your re-wiring.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You could do it that way. If I were going to do it, I would mount an outlet on the back of the dryer wired to the motor (watch out for 120v vs 240v) and plug the vent booster in there.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg