Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent

Our dryer started spewing excessive amount of lint through the dryer vent. The dryer is in the garage area and vents to the outside. The vent tube is short and the vent is at the floor level. It is one of those flexible aluminum pipes. The dryer and the pipes are only about a year old. We clean the lint filter regularly and get the usual amount of lint on that. Previously we had seen wisps of lint get attached to the outer wall near the vent. For last couple of times, we are getting cottonball sized chunks of lint on the outside.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

-Dipu

Reply to
Dipu

Lint built up either in the dryer or in the duct and finally broke free. Your duct may be restricting flow and that allows the lint to collect easier. You can improve the flow by replacing the flex with regular straight duct and elbows as needed. Tape the joints or use clamps, don't use screws because they collect. Since yours is collecting, you should inspect the inside of the dryer cavity that connects to the pipe and vacuum that and the pipe out about once a year. You may have to remove the back to do it well.

Reply to
Stoney

Dan,

Thanks for that info on servicing new dryers from the front. Our dryer is like the Energizer Bunny. It just keeps going and going in about its

20th year so we did not notice they changed from servicing from the back. Moving it out to get behind it is a pain.

Stoney

Reply to
Stoney