recommended concrete tile manufacturers

We're building a new house at about 5000' altitude and are concerned about reports that concrete tile roofs fade. Monier seems to be particularly prone to this (as well as other problems). Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer that is widely available in the Western US?

TIA

Lee Elson

Reply to
lelson

I live in Phoenix. I would think fading would be a color issue not a manufacture issue. Certain colors do not hold up well when exposed to the sun for long periods of time. I have not seen a soild red tile in a long time. Most are varying earth tones. Either the domed or flat types come in a maze of colors.

5000 feet seems a tad high for a tile roof to me. How much freesing and snow do you expect in your location? I would check the neighbors to see what is on their roofs and ask the preformance of the types you like.
Reply to
SQLit