Informed Delivery

I let Obama buy mine for $4500 but by the time we were done it was almost $5k.

gfretwell

These days I usually let my machine pick up. They hang up on a machine.

Reply to
gfretwell

Because people don't think. They react.

My mother was twice caught in an e-mail scam and gave them access to her bank account. I hollered at her pretty hard the second time, especially since both times they did something that prevented her from logging on to her PC, which is where she orders her groceries. I never got the details; she called the Geed Squad to get her out of it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...
[snip]

I still don't answer calls where the caller ID NAME is in the form of <city ST> like "DALLAS TX" or "PITTSVILLE OH" or a few hings like "TOLL FREE CALL" or "Out Of Area" (also unfamiliar or ambiguous company names). People say using the CID NAME is useless. I ave no idea why, since this matches the majority of the junk calls I get.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

They probably say it's useless because with only a tiny bit of effort callers can make it say whatever they want. The call center making a call to me is likely to have my area code and prefix on the CID while a simultaneous call going out to you might have your area code and prefix. Or whatever they want it to say, of course, even if they put your own number in there as the calling party.

Reply to
Jim Joyce