fireplace won't start

I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire completely, now it won't ignite, HELP!!!!! this model has a battery back up I think, and instructions say not to try to light the pilot.

Reply to
bonez cooker

There is usually a battery in the remote control and a battery in fireplace itself.

When was the last time you changed them both?

Reply to
Axel Jones

What is an axial fan to push out heat where it can blow the fire out? One would think a fan to supply heat would be on the other side of a heat exchanger, not were it can affect the fire. And if you're not supposed to try to light the pilot, what kind of ignition system does it have?

Reply to
trader_4