Independance Day

To celebrate Independence Day, I'm going to a couple service calls, to pay my overwhelming debt. I'll drive my NYS inspected, EPA approved vehicle. Complying with the speed limits, and sobriety levels. I'll signal all my turns, and obey the traffic signs and signals. I started this morning with my medicine, purchased at government approved pharmacy, and meets FDA standards. I'll stop on the way to buy gasoline with mandated 10% ethanol, and hope it doesn't clog my EPA mandated catalytic converter. I'll remember to slow down and merge over, if I see any police with vehicles pulled over. And wear my NYS mandated seat belt. Cheerfully stop and chat with the police at the road side check points. Before I go, I ought to check and see if all my NYS mandated signal and headlight bulbs are working. I'll probably go to a government approved fireworks show, tonight, as personally owned fireworks are illegal. I'll be sure to be unarmed, as I don't have government permission to own a handgun. Will bring my government approved cell phone, which complies with FCC parts and regulations, in case I get mugged, and need to call for a government employed policeman with a gun, to deal with the criminal who is illegally carrying unlicensed handgun. Might buy some FDA approved groceries on the way home, using US government issued dollars and coins. We sure are blessed to live in a free nation.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:00:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You can always stay home, not driving on government supplied roads - which would be even less safe without government enforced safety rules, and suffer through any ailments , treating them with questionable remedies supplied by unqualified witch-doctors.When you did decide to drive your off-road vehicle the fuel (totally unregulated) may or may not be of sufficient quality to run the engine, and the un-regulated engine would puke out nasty stinky exhaust, causing you to cough your lungs out and go looking for the witch doctor again. Instead of being pulled over for a road check by a friendly police officer you would be pulled over by a highwayman and relieved of anything of value you may be carrying - and be shot by him if you attempted to resist using your unregulated gun, because he'll shoot first and ask questions later, assuming you would do the same if you had the chance. When you needed to use your unregulated cell phone to call the mobster you pay protection to, you would not be able to get through because someone was using the uncontrolled frequency to transmit some other signal, or interference from some other unregulated device was interfering. On the way home you would pick up food of indeterminate quality, possibly contaminated with toxins or disease because there is no inspection process, and no rules against selling deadfall animals for human consumption. And you would need to figure out some way to compensate the seller with some "currency" acceptable to the supplier and available to you - perhaps the comfort of your wife for the night.

You Damned well ARE blessed to live in a "free nation"

Reply to
clare

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news:dsytv.107515$ snipped-for-privacy@fx27.iad... To celebrate Independence Day, I'm going to a couple service calls, to pay my overwhelming debt. I'll drive my NYS inspected, EPA approved vehicle. Complying with the speed limits, and sobriety levels. I'll signal all my turns, and obey the traffic signs and signals. I started this morning with my medicine, purchased at government approved pharmacy, and meets FDA standards. I'll stop on the way to buy gasoline with mandated 10% ethanol, and hope it doesn't clog my EPA mandated catalytic converter. I'll remember to slow down and merge over, if I see any police with vehicles pulled over. And wear my NYS mandated seat belt. Cheerfully stop and chat with the police at the road side check points. Before I go, I ought to check and see if all my NYS mandated signal and headlight bulbs are working. I'll probably go to a government approved fireworks show, tonight, as personally owned fireworks are illegal. I'll be sure to be unarmed, as I don't have government permission to own a handgun. Will bring my government approved cell phone, which complies with FCC parts and regulations, in case I get mugged, and need to call for a government employed policeman with a gun, to deal with the criminal who is illegally carrying unlicensed handgun. Might buy some FDA approved groceries on the way home, using US government issued dollars and coins. We sure are blessed to live in a free nation.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

Or benefits from taxation or regulation.

Reply to
clare

And you have a plan to do either better without government intervention??? Let's hear it Stormy!!!

Oh yes - without government intervention you'd have no military - so no veterans - and no borders to secure.

Reply to
clare

There are a couple things, called profit motive, and free enterprise. Works better than government.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Profit motives will never, ever, provide veterans with health care, and for-profit armies are called totalitarianism.

But thank goodness we have an executive that's doing worlds better than his predecessor at securing the borders. The pro-totalitarians say otherwise, but we know that truth is not among their motives.

Reply to
None

Do I get the impression you lean a bit left?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bet you love the unemployment numbers, too?

If you include the people who stopped looking for work, now over 20% unemployment in the US. About double what GWB left behind.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

to·tal·i·tar·i·an [toh-tal-i-tair-ee-uhn] Show IPA adjective

  1. of or pertaining to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
  2. exercising control over the freedom, will, or thought of others; authoritarian; autocratic.

noun

  1. an adherent of totalitarianism.

I'd think the Chicago Thug is more fits the def'n than the Northeast Texan.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And how, pray tell would you have a country with borders to protect and an army to protect them, without SOME kind of government. The "profit motive" type gives you a dick-tater, and the competition between the wanna-bees makes the columbian drug cartels look like proper gentlemen.

Trust me, you DON'T want to go there!!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Perhaps, but you.ve got your right ear burried in the ground, right up to your nose.

Reply to
clare

And according to the recent news reports, getting much better by the day. If you didn't have your head totally up your arse , or plugged into FAUX news you might know that.

Reply to
clare

Same back at you, about the head up. The statistic guys deliberately fail to count certain types of unemployed. The unemployment situation gets worse, and the numbers get manipulated to make it look better. you do know that, don't you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I live in a country and culture which used to have freedom, and a Constitution.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Did your puppetmasters "teach" you that?

Reply to
None

Are those the phony numbers you were whining about?

Reply to
None

Nice dogwhistle, Mr. Magic Underpants.

Reply to
None

Ditto.

Reply to
Norminn

I really am beginning to think that we need a Godwin-like Law on the use of Faux News instead of actually working toward refuting what they say. Sorta like the Clinton News Network of old or MSDNC. It has become an excuse to not think and just discard out of hand.....

Reply to
Kurt Ullman