If one needs a new furnace

If I need a new furnace, I'm sure they will want to sell me a new AC at the same time, and I could probably use one.

Does one set of guys install the furnace and the evaporator, and then another set come to install the condenser and to hook the AC up?

If you wanted to do the furnace first and wait a few weeks or months to finish the AC, would they likely charge extra for that? Would they price it as two separate jobs?

In another thread, I read again how important the AC installation is, and to check out the who is going to do it, so I could use the time. The furnace might end up being a semi-emergency buy, but the AC won't.

Reply to
mm

Depends. Some heating guys don't have the licensce for AC.

They have to travel more, haul more stuff back and forth, take apart duct work, etc. I'd image it a few hundred bucks more.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Most do, but not all. I would want one to do both as if there is a problem, you will not have one blaming the other.

I would want it all done at the same time. It will be cheaper (some of the work would need to be done twice) and the same as above.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Good advice. Dealing with more than 1 contractor follows a square law: 2 contractors = 4 times the hassles.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I meant one contractor who used two different crews for different parts. I think that is what Joe meant too, but since your post I'm not 100% sure.

Reply to
mm