new furnace / duct work installation

Hello guys,

We'll be doing the furnace and duct work installation ourselves. Question we have is: we won't be installing the condensor until early next year. Should we wait to install the evaporator coil until we're ready to install the condensor? Or, since we have to work with duct work now, should we just install the evaporator coil so we don't have to worry about messing around with duct work when we're ready to install the condensor?

Thanks

Reply to
sx460

Yes

Reply to
Red Neckerson

When I used to work for another company, we used to install furnaces in the winter. Some times we'd put in the AC coil with the winter installation, and come back for the freon tubes, and such.

Please, though. Check with the AC installer team and figure out which direction to orient the coil for easier install of the AC later. You do need an EPA certified installer to hook up the copper freon tubes, and charge the system.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon