I would like to be able to attach this frame to the side of my house
temporarily (a few hours at a time) without leaving any marks on the
I realize this seems impossible, but this group has come up with some
amazingly clever solutions in the past, so I though I'd give it a
shot. I can add things to be back (PVC side) of the frame, but not
1. Tie one or more ropes to back of frame
2. Toss ropes over roof and tie off.
That's what I do when I want to get on the roof
1. Extend side pieces of frame with PVC, no cap
2. Make 2 - "L" shaped wood frames, each leg of the "L" two or more
3. Slip one leg of each "L" into PVC
4. Stand it up. Stick a cement block or two on other "L" legs which
are now on the ground.
Adjust dimensions as needed
1. Extend top piece of frame beyond sides
2. Get two poles/boards of the correct length
3. Cut "V" notch in #2 poles/boards, bore hole an inch or so lower
and tie to frame
4. Get a helper and raise the thing
5. Brace #2 poles/boards from front
Did similar to brace a tarp on a 2" PVC frame over my tractor.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.