Ideas for simple smartphone camera holder

I temporarily need a quick smartphone camera holder today and my first thought is to grab a hand sized four by four to slice a kerf just deep enough to hold the phone (with casing) but not too deep so as to interfere with the lens.

I only have a chop saw to shape the wood but I do have lots of scrap wood laying around to experiment with.

Have you ever made your own smartphone camera holder out of a block of wood? What did you find works best (for quick results today)?

Reply to
Dan Purgert

There are a lot of examples on youtube, link below, some of which can be cranked out in just a few minutes or so. I was going to go that route but now our phone holders are expected to also be wireless chargers, so I ended up just buying them. Prices have come way down in recent years.

Jim Joyce