Husqvarna warranty, what does it mean?

My cheap weed wacker lasted over 15 years so I decided to get a good one this time around - a Husqvarna. So now my nearly new Husqvarna weed wacker has a two year warranty. About 7 hours of usage, it became impossible to start, and when it does, it will died immediately. Take it to the dealer repair shop today and the clerk said its most likely not warranted, it is a maintenance issue! So I needed to sign an agreement to pay the estimate fee before they will take a look at it and give me an estimate next week. If I elect not to have it repaired by them, it will be return unassembled. I hope they will repair it under warranty but I'm not optimistic by the tone of the clerk. I always make sure the fuel/oil ratio is correct, never put raw gas in it, and the air filter is clean. What has your experience with the Husqvarna warranty?

Reply to
Frank

You should contact Husquvarna directly and tell them, not us.

Reply to
ransley

It sounds like it is a problem with the dealer you took it to rather than a company issue. Under the lose - lose conditions that the dealer demanded, I would never have left it with them.

I believe you need to contact the company although it is too late since you agreed to the unreasonable conditions of the dealer.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

hours of usage, it became

My two cents is that Husqvarna is a brand that once was associated with high quality european made products. Now it is going the Black and Decker route--Black and Decker once was a respected brand, but the company started producing junk that people bought only because the associated B and D with quality. Now people have figured out that B and D is now garbage. Same thing is happening to Husky IMO.

Reply to
marson

Don't know about tools, but in the sewing world, "Husqvarna" is Swedish for "shitty software". If you own a Husqvarna embroidery machine with the software package, you know what I mean.

Reply to
<h>