How to Send a Picture to This Newsgroup

Several people have asked to see a pic of my crown moulding project, but I am not having any luck sending a pic.

I took a picture with my digital camera, then downloaded it to "My Pictures". Where do I go from here?

Easy instructions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

They don't mean actually sending the file to this group. What they mean is for you to post it on a website of some sort and send the LINK to them

Reply to
Rudy

Go to:

Very simple and easy.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 3/8/2010 10:04 PM Rudy spake thus:

Here are some easy (I hope) instructions:

  1. Pick a picture-posting site on the web that you like.

Some choices are Flickr

PicasaWeb
Photobucket
and there are others.

  1. Sign up on the site and create an account.
  2. Upload your pictures to the site. Most of them make it *really* easy to do this and give you help if you need it.
  3. View the picture you want to share with us, and get its link. (That's also made easy on these sites.) Post the link in your message to this newsgroup.

For example,

(Don't worry; you don't have to type any of that gobbledygook, just copy it from your photo sharing site and paste it into your message you post here).

So the picture itself never gets posted here, just a link to it.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

What website would you recommend? I am not too savvy with this stuff.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kate

On 3/8/2010 10:14 PM Kate spake thus:

Try Flickr

It's free, easy (to me; you'll have to let us know if it's easy for you), has a decent look and feel.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

OK, I uploaded the photo, but what is the proper email address for this group?

Thanks. I tried several but it did not work.

Reply to
Kate

On 3/8/2010 10:39 PM Kate spake thus:

If you view your picture in your album/photostream/whatever they call your collection of pictures, they should give you a link to that photo: http://something something something. Copy that link (select it with your mouse, right-click and choose "Copy" from the pop-up menu).

Then when you compose a message to *this newsgroup*, like you just did, just past *that link* right into your message. Then when other people read it, they can click on that link and they'll see your picture.

I hope I explained that clearly. If not, let us know.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Thx from a lurker.

Reply to
LouB

Don't be shy LouB, post away, no one can hear you scream in Cyberspace.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Here is a fine place to post a pic - no sign-up or membership required

-

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks I look in the group daily but have less interest, and need, for much of the stuff in here. BUT I do not see too many flame wars and DO appreciate learning stuff:-)) HF was a nice learning experience and I even got a free flashlight (after driving 21 miles)!

Lou

Reply to
LouB

That's the spirit!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

  1. Get your picture to a picture-posting service.
  2. Look at the picture.
  3. Right-click on the picture. Pick "Copy Link"
  4. Compose a message to this group.
  5. Include in your ordinary message the following:

Left angle bracket ()

  1. At the instant you type the right-angle bracket, the link should light up (usually blue) and the angle brackets should disappear.

What you have done with this procedure is to "include a link to a web resource". This technique is also used to direct a reader to a web page or site.

Point is, you cannot send a picture (or a web page) to this newsgroup - you can only send a link or a reference to the picture's actual location somewhere else.

Reply to
HeyBub

I 3rd the

suggestion.

Reply to
Ron

Go to flickr.com, or photobucket.com, or any of the similar sites, and follow the menus. You then copy the link the photo site gives you into a message you post back here. Don't attach photos to a usenet post in a non-binary group- people will holler and call you bad names.

Google 'photo posting sites', and they should all come right up.

HTH

Reply to
aemeijers

Why go through all of that trouble (creating an account) when you can upload a photo to

and have a URL in seconds?

Reply to
Ron

Crop and re-size your pic, upload it to a server (of your choice), test it, then post the link here. Do not post the picture in this newsgroup. Pictures too big, may not load easily, especially for those still on dial-up internet.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks, I figured it out using Tinypic, thanks to everyones' help.

Reply to
Kate

So where are the pics?

Reply to